What is an Acupuncture Treatment?
Most conditions respond well by 3 treatments weekly and produce an improved functional plateau that will last for several weeks to months with an additional treatment then as needed.
Chronic conditions may respond more slowly. The “needles” are actually thin stainless steel probes with no cutting edges and are not painful.
Acupuncture treats many conditions, including:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- tennis elbow
- knee pain
- periarthritis of the shoulder
- facial pain/bells palsy
- tempromandibular (TMJ) dysfunction
- rheumatoid arthritis
- morning sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- postoperative pain
- essential hypertension
- adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- allergic rhinitis, including hay fever
- depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- primary dysmenorrhea
- peptic ulcer
- acute and chronic gastritis